DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT UNLESS YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THESE WARNINGS, CAUTIONS, AND INSTRUCTIONS WHICH ARE FOR YOUR SECURITY AND PROTECTION. THIS INFORMATION MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME. FOR CURRENT UPDATES, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE ( WWW.ADIKITES.COM ) IF YOU ARE BELOW THE AGE OF 18, YOU SHOULD HAVE YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN READ THESE WARNINGS, CAUTIONS AND INSTRUCTIONS AND SHOULD NOT USE THIS PRODUCT UNLESS YOU ARE UNDER THE PROPER GUIDANCE AND SUPERVISION OF SUCH A PERSON.
The use of this product exposes the user to many unavoidable and unexpected risks, injury, DANGERS and HAZARDS. The suppliers of this product are not responsible for any damage to property or any personal injury caused by any use, misuse, abuse or irresponsible use of this product by the user.
READ THE FOLLOWING POINTS BEFORE ASSEMBLING YOUR KITE:
- Kite flying can be dangerous.
- Always use extreme caution when using this product.
- Misuse of this product can cause serious injury or death.
- Only use this product if you are in good physical health.
- Never act in a careless manner when using this product (such as jumping in the air, or tying yourself down).
- You are responsible for your own safety, and the safety of others around you when using this product.
- If you are under 18 you should have your parents or legal guardian read these warnings and instructions.
- You should not use this product unless you are under proper guidance and supervision.
- The use of this product exposes the user to many unavoidable and unexpected risks, dangers and hazards.
- Do not use this product if you are under the influence of alcohol, drugs or medications.
IMPORTANT SAFETY RULES:
- Before using this product you must take lessons from a certified instructor/school. Do not attempt to fly a kite without being taught by a certified kite instructor.
- This product is not a personal flotation device. Always wear a Coast Guard approved personal flotation device when using this product near the water.
- Always carefully inspect all of your equipment before using it.
- Always have a partner when launching and landing your kite.
- Always learn using a small two line trainer kite before using a larger more complicated kite.
- Never allow anyone who is not familiar with traction kiting to use this product without experienced assistance.
- Never use this product without a safety leash system. A loose kite is extremely dangerous to everyone downwind.
- The kite/control system is equipped with passive safety systems, which need to be activated by the user for them to work.
- The leash system is not a permanent attachment to this product. Never permanently attach yourself to the kite or any of its components.
- Never use this the kite with another control system or safety leash. Only use the handles or bar that is supplied with this kite as other brands bars are not compatible with this design, therefore the safety system will NOT work.
- Always wear a helmet when using this product.
- Always use a high quality and well maintained kite specific harness.
- Get yourself used to the way your quick release devices work by testing them often in a non emergency situation.
- Rinse your quick release device in fresh water after every session. Quick release devices have a limited lifetime and must be checked and replaced often.
- Always pull and re-load all the safety systems to familiarize yourself with how they work. This is the only way to be sure that you know how to use them in all situations, and that they are correctly loaded and safe for use.
- If you have a bar with a mechanical quick release trim loop it must be changed after 250hours of kiting. Change any quick release or safety leash before if you see any sign of wear. The wearing of your quick release devices is not considered a warranty issue.
CHOOSE SAFE WEATHER CONDITIONS:
- Never learn to use this product in more than 12 knots of wind.
- We highly recommend you purchase a wind speed indicator to be able to measure wind speeds.
- Study the wind guide to understand wind speeds.
- Never use this product in high winds.
- Never use this product in thunderstorm and lightning conditions.
- Only use this product when you can remain in a standing position.
- Never use this product in wind conditions that are above your ability level.
- Never use this product near or on the water in offshore wind conditions choose a safe location.
- Always observe local rules and regulations when using this product.
- Never use this product near power lines, telephone poles, trees, bushes, roads, automobiles or airports.
- Only use this product when you have at least 100m of clear space downwind, and on both sides of your launching position. The power of the kite can pull you downwind unexpectedly with great force.
- Do not fly your kite over other people or pets. Spectators should remain upwind of you when using this product.
- Never use this product on crowded beaches or fields.
- Never use this product near the water unless you know how to swim and are in good physical health.
- Practice launching and landing procedures, and self rescue techniques before using this product near the water.
By assembling and/or using this Adi Kites product, you agree that you have read and understood the entire Adi Kites product owners manual, including all instructions and warnings contained in that manual, prior to using the Adi Kites product in any way. You additionally agree that you will ensure any additional or subsequent user of your Adi Kites product will read and understand the entire Adi Kites product owners manual, including all instructions and warnings contained in that Manual, prior to allowing that person to use your Adi Kites product.